About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Another big day in Burbank

Big day watching great presentations by Jerry Coyne, Daniel Dennett, Richard Dawkins, and others. I got to meet Dawkins, as well as Michael Shermer later in the day. Both seemed very kind, though also very much in demand, especially Dawkins who is being mobbed like a rock star. He seemed to know who I was, though. Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk to them beyond the handshakes and related pleasantries.

Also did a video interview ... and just now was live streaming to answer questions on anything and everything (I was thrown only by the questions relating to Celebrity Chef).

Tired now, since I hardly slept last night. Hope I do better tonight.

No comments: